Sunday, March 17, 2013

Saturday Centus: Thank you Beryl!

It's time for the Saturday Centus challenge once again. In case you don't know, Saturday Centus comes from Jenny Matlock's blog. if you would like to try it out or read more versions you can do so HERE. Todays prompt is "Thank you Beryl!" and we have 103 words to use it in... Ok, off we goooo.....
--------------
Sitting in the lawyers office in uncomfortable clothes, watching, as the family of the little old man who lived on the corner fought and argued, wondering why I had never seen any of these people visiting him before. I spent alot of time over there, sometimes I straightened up his house or made him a snack, but mostly I just listened to the stories he told of his life. I hadnt seen him since I left for college so why was I here... what did the lawyer just say? He left everything to me because I was there for him? Thank you Beryl!

6 comments:

  1. that is lovely. my mum would have helped andone in any way the could I am blessed.to be like her
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, I wish I could have done more justice to her tho. Glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. Awesome job on the centus this week. Loved what you wrote. Beautiful!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your Centus...well done !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that just the truth?

    Everyone comes out of the woodwork when it seems there is financial reward involved.

    True kindness has no price tag.

    Lovely writing here.

    Well done.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete