Not my image
Thank you to Krista over at Rollin with the Fruit Punches for the award! If you have a minute click the link above and check it out. They have an adorable little family and Buffalo Chicken Pasta recipe I'm going to have to try out soon!
So 11 random facts about me, well, let's see:
1. I have a creative soul. I love to create and just DO stuff. From writing, cooking, carving stamps, making up games or projects for the kids, crafting... oh the crafting! I have a friend who calls me the crafting queen, but I promise I'm not THAT bad. Really I'm not, you believe me right? :)
2. I'm generally a rerun junkie. My tv watching habits consist of things like Charmed, Full House, House, Monk.. you get the picture. However I/we have been branching out and trying newer shows, still mostly they aren't new and are already well established shows.
3. I'm obsessive.. When I get hold of a new idea or into something new that i like I get a taaaad bit obsessive. I will research and read everything I can about it and think about it before I pass it over to the normal state of liking things. My mother says I have always analyzed everything to death, even when I was a baby lol.
4. My favorite season is winter. Now you have to understand that our winters in east Texas are fairly mild. Occasionally we reach the upper teens and if we are really lucky we will get a bit of snow. Generally we hover in the 30's and I kinda like it because you can always put on more clothes and get warm, but their are times in the Summer that no matter how much you take off your still hot and I don't like being hot.
5. I love to fish. I don't often get the chance to because I'm helping Brudderbear or Dede with their poles but when I have the chance to dip a pole in the water I'm a happy camper. I hope to get the chance to go deep sea fishing someday.
6. I am an only child and my parents were married 20 years before they had me. It wasn't from lack of trying, it was just how it happened. I'm kind of grateful they didn't have IVF back then because chances are I wouldn't be here now if they did. Oh and no, I wasn't spoiled like people think only children are.
7. I'm emotional, sensitive, compassionate and frequently get called naive. I'm one of those people who wear my heart on my sleeve and tries to look for the good in people.
8. I love the Statte Farm Mayhem commercials. By far my favorite one is the GPS one where he hollers (yep, im east Texan I say hollers) "RECALCULATING!" after the car crash.
9. Speaking of east Texas, I do have a bit of a twangy accent. My ex husband and I lived in Houston which is just a couple hours from where I grew up and also currently live, and was shocked that people weren't twangy there as well. I used to get so embarrassed because people there would tell me my accent was cute lol
10. I love to read, when I was a kid my mom would say I'd read anything, including the back of a cereal box, like it was a best selling novel. Ive gotten a bit more picky now, but I still read a wide WIDE variety of different things.
11. In school even tho my grades didn't always reflect it, English and History were my favorite classes. I still enjoy the reading and writing side of English class and still get a kick out of the story behind the history. Don't ask me dates however, that involves numbers and God forbid we get into my math insecurities!
Wow, that was a little more difficult than I thought. I didnt want to just throw out basic boring facts so I did try and put some thought into it. Ok, so now on to the 11 questions from Krista's blog.
1. If you could have a superpower for a day, what would it be? I would have to say the ability to freeze time. I would love to be able to have a little extra time in those special moments, the cuddles, hugs, perfect family moments.
2. What is your guilty pleasure song? Guilty pleasure? Ummm, I can't really think of one. I'm pretty open about what I listen too. I embrace my weirdness in everything including my music and listen to what I like whether others think it's silly, boring etc etc. My main favorite kinds tho are oldies from the 50's to some 80's and country. However I lisen to a bit of almost all kinds of music.
3. What would your plan of action be if there was a zombie apocalypse? Shoot them in the head and burn them on a pyre, Winchester style! :) (Please forgive the obvious Supernatural reference here lol)
4. What is your favorite cartoon character? Michigan J. Frog! Also Eeyore. i wish it was as easy to find Michigan stuff as it is Eeyore stuff.
5. What does your blog name mean? It's a nod to the fact that no matter how crazy and mixed up life can get it's still a pretty sweet deal. Whenever I seem to forget that fact all I have to do is look around at my family and I realize how blessed I am.
6. What inspired you to start a blog? Basically a way to satisfy the need for another creative outlet.
7. What is your favorite vacation spot? There is a family oriented resort we go to every year that's actually pretty close to our home. We've been going there since I was a kid and some of my happiest memories are from there. Granted it has changed and grown so much that my children will never experience the freedom and whatnot that I did there but they all really enjoy it and talk about it all year long.
8. What is the last good book you read? LOL, here we go with me embracing my weirdness again, I have been rereading the Babysitter's Club books with one of my daughters. I forgot how cute they were and I would definitely recommend them. My favorite is Kristy and the Snobs. As far as books a normal adult might enjoy, Id have to say anything in Kim Harrison's The Hollows series.
9. Mention one of your obsessive compulsive habits. The older I get the more like my dad I get, we call it quirky in our family lol. I guess I'd have to say over organization. I know, I know, most people think there is no such thing as being OVER organized but I promise you there is. I have a tendency to organize to the point that it's impossible to keep up with which in turn causes utter chaos lol.
10. If you were given a million dollars to donate to a charity, which one would you choose and why? Definitely something for kids. I would really have to research to narrow it down, and then I still might have to choose a couple. I'm thinking Autism research and maybe the Make A Wish people as well.
11. Who was your childhood idol/hero? You know, I honestly don't remember having one? I mean, I went thru the fad fan stages just like everyone else but an idol or hero? I just called and asked my mom and she said with the way I always had my nose stuck i a book (yep, nerd right here!) that it was probably an author but I honestly just cant think of anyone.
Ok, that was fun and probably waaay to chatty lol. Here are the 11 blogs that I choose to nominate, take a minute and check them out if you haven't already.
Choosing 11 blogs was the hardest part, there are so many good ones out there! Here are the 11 questions I chose for them:
1. When do you find the time to blog?
2. If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
3. Describe what you feel when you see your favorite color.
4. What is your favorite television show?
5. What one thing would you like your children to take into adulthood?
6. What does you family think of your blog?
7. What would your dream vacation be?
8. What is your favorite midnight snack?
9. What daily chore do you despise the most?
10. What advice would you give to a first time blogger?
11. If you had 3 wishes what would you wish for?
Ok, have fun!